Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

HOW TO MAKE THE EVER AFTER HIGH TOWER HAIR SALON FOR DOLLS



Hi, it's Dolls, Toys, & Games Gal. In this
video, I'm going to show you how I. Created the Tower Hair Salon for my
daughter's Poppy O'Hair and other Ever After High dolls. It was really easy to
make = I basically copied a lot from MyFroggyStuff, our favorite YouTube channel.

When I think Tower Hair Salon, I. Think about pink bricks. This is from one
of my daughter's Lori doll packages, and I decided to use it as an accent wall.
Also, since I didn't have enough pink brick, I got some scrapbook paper that
reminded me of the inside of a tower, and I used that underneath the pink brick and
I'll also be using that on both sides of the walls. I used Elmer's glue - I think -
to attach it.

I wanted a very natural floor, so this is a project paper that
looks like flooring, and it doesn't go the entire width of the shelf, so you
have to put down two strips. To cover up that harsh line between the pink brick
and the bottom part of the wallpaper, I. Added a strip of cardboard with pink
glitter paper glued on. Also, made this tower shape - actually, I lied.

I didn't
make it. My husband's cousin was staying with us and she made it, and I found it
in the closet after she left. Bonus! It looked to me like a tower, so I figured I
could make a sign with it. This is a window that she created using silver
glitter paper, and so I added it to the tower.

I thought it would be fun to give
the suggestion of golden hair hanging out of the tower window, so I'm using
this gold thread. I probably hot glued six or seven pieces, then I put a little
strip of the pink glitter paper to cover it up and look like the window ledge. I
braided the golden strands, added a bow, and I'm going to add some flowers - I'm
sorry - fabric roses to make it look like there
are roses in the braid. This is going to be the sign - it's a little chalkboard.

I'm
going to use some scissors from Blue Moon Beads, and with a chalkboard marker, I made the little sign, "Welcome to Tower Salon,"
hot-glued it to a strip of pink, and there's my sign decorating the inside
wall of the Tower Hair Salon! This is the part where I borrowed from MyFroggyStuff. I took an empty applesauce box, cut it in half, drew on two circles using
this ketchup - former ketchup container -as a guide, then made sure that the holes
were large enough to insert that. That's going to be the foot basin. With purple nail polish, I just painted the cup from black to purple.

Glued on some scrapbook paper so that it's not obvious that the pedicure chair is an applesauce box, and
after that's done, I'm going to glue in the foot basin then using the ketchup cup.
Here I've drawn a couple arches onto a piece of foam board, cut them out, and
going to use some peel-off felt to stick on the gray felt onto those pieces of
foam board. Here you can see I have attached the felt to both sides of the
foam board, but it does leave that little strip of white that needs to be covered
up. To cover it up, I will be using this glittery pink ribbon and hot gluing that
to the little white pieces so that they cannot be seen. Now I'll be hot gluing
each of the felted pieces to the cardboard box so that I can create a
place for the doll to sit.

So there's the back of the chair and then the two sides
of the chair. To measure where that horizontal square piece should go, I've
put Spectra on the chair and I've hot glued that horizontal piece so that when
a doll sits there they will fit fine. Next, for the faucet fixtures on the
pedicure chair, headpins and some beads. Basically, the idea is that stringing on
the beads onto the headpin, and then bending it to make something
that looks like a place where the water might be able to come out and fill up
that foot basin.

And then I'm gonna make a hot and a cold handle. So this will be
my cold handle: took two headpins, strung three beads on it, put two blue beads on
and two more blue beads on the other side, and used pliers to turn them. This is
my hot water handle, because it's red. Get it? So then I hot-glued those to the
corner of the pedicure chair.

Then realizing there's no place for the doll to put
their head, I cut out another piece of foamboard, put more felt on, put more of
the pink glittery ribbon on, and hot glued that to the top of the back of the chair.
Okay, so now this was a former Melissa & Doug Create-a-Craft for my daughter,
and I saved it because I thought someday it might come in handy. And this is that
day! I'm gonna turn it into a shelf. So I. Cut out some cardboard and glued some
pink paper around those pieces for the shelves, and then hot glued those
into the pink shelf.

This is MyFroggyStuff's idea: taking beads and hot gluing
black glass beads in them makes them look like nail polishes. And then using
the little advertising inserts from magazines, you can cut those out and make those look like there are magazines on the bottom of that shelf as
well. Okay, so this is a bright pink Barbie couch that I wanted to have look
a little bit more natural. So I'm hot gluing this white faux fur on to it, and
I've started with the sides and now I.

Can just take a piece and hot glue the
rest of it so that it looks like a nice fluffy couch, instead of a bright pink
Barbie couch. For the coffee table in the reception area, I chose to use a birch
coaster, and again, going with the natural look, I didn't paint it. And then these
mini peg people - I took a couple of - four of them, actually. I just
glued them to the bottom of the birch coaster, and that's my reception table.
See? How nice is that? I wanted to put a magazine on the reception table, so I cut
out some pictures from a hairstyle guide, and I made this.

See? It even opens up and the dolls can look at it to select their hairstyle when they come in. This is a
cloud-shaped shadow box that I got on clearance from Target - I think it was
marked down to a dollar - and I'm gonna use it as a shelf. After hot gluing it to
the wall, I can now put my doll hair salon accessories on it. Get it? The Tower
Salon is so high, it's up in the clouds.

Okay, then I wanted to make some hair
posters ,and I picked pictures that I. Thought looked like Apple and Raven and
other Ever After High characters, and I. Put them on purple poster board and then
I just glued them onto the walls so that it looks like a hair salon might,
with pictures of great-looking people with great looking hair on it. Okay, now I
just need a little window, and so what I.

Did was I took a Mayberry Street window,
and then this background from a Barbie doll package, and I basically just cut out a
square and hot glued the picture to the back of the window frame. I didn't paint
the frame because I wanted the natural look. And now, it's ready to go up on the
wall. Using hot glue, I've attached it.

For the curtains, I decided to reuse this
fabric I used for Holly O'Hair's curtains in her bedroom that she shares
with Poppy, these very thin and short wooden dowel rods, and then these hot
pink clothespins that I also used in Holly and Poppy's dorm room. I hot
glued the fabric around the little dowel rods and attached the mini clothes pins
to it so it looks like they are holding them in place. And then using two more of these scissor charms, I'm gonna make curtains stays out of them. So I kind of hot glued them to the wall at an angle, and bent the scissors a little, and now I.

Can just take the curtain and tuck it
around the scissors so that the curtains will stay in place. Again, doing the same
thing on the other side. Gluing them at an angle now, I can use those scissors
as curtain stays to hold those curtains apart. I almost forgot! The
pedicurist needs a pedicure chair to sit on - I mean a pedicurist's chair.

So, taking
this little wooden wheel, I hot-glued some more of that faux fur around it so
it looks like a little tuft. And then found four more pegs and I'll be hot
gluing those to the bottom of the little wheel. And now this is the perfect height
for someone who is a nail technician to sit there and give a doll a pedicure. And
then taking some more felts and cutting that in half, that looks like little
towels that they can use.

This piece here on the left is just a Rapunzel hair station
from a Regal Academy playset. Oh! Just one more piece for the chair. I'm making a little pink bow, putting a purple fabric rose, and then hot gluing that to the top of
the chair. Gives it a nice little touch.

And now we're done! Let me know what you think of the Tower Hair Salon! I hope you guys like it. I know my daughter likes it! She's been playing with it like crazy.
All right, thanks! Looking forward to your comments. Shoutouts to Arts Crafts and
Ever After dot Madness. Thanks for giving me the idea to create a Tower Hair Salon.
See you next time!.

HOW TO MAKE THE EVER AFTER HIGH TOWER HAIR SALON FOR DOLLS

No comments:

Post a Comment